Costumet.com Halloween Costume Contest Rules 2019
- No Entry Fee There is no fee to enter The Costumet.com Costume Contest. Submit your best costume photo into any one of available contest categories to compete.
- First place in each category will receive $1,00.
- Second place in each category will receive $50.
- Third place in each category will receive $25.
Prize will be sent via Paypal or Amazon Gift Card. The winners will be announced by or before November 30. All entries must be received by midnight eastern time on November 20.
- This contest is open to residents of any of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia. Each entry must depict one or more subjects as detailed in the official costume category page and in compliance with applicable age restrictions also detailed in the costume category page. Only one entry per person will be accepted.
- If the category allows for persons under the age of 18 to compete, photos may only be submitted by the parent or legal guardian of the subject in the entry photo.
- Employees, consultants, editors and their respective families of Costumet.com (the “Contest Sponsors” or “Sponsors”) and their affiliated entities are not eligible to participate in this contest.
- Winners in each category must have a Paypal or Amazon account to receive their prize.
- SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
- The photo submitted must be that of a costume created at least 50% from materials other than a commercially available, store bought Halloween costume.
- Up to three images per contestant will be considered.
- Photo must be taken during the 2019 Halloween Season which is defined as the period starting September 1, 2019. Photos taken prior to this date are ineligible to compete. Note that it doesn’t matter when the costume was made as long as the photo was taken during the contest period with the contestant wearing it during the contest period.
- Entries must be uploaded and submitted to the contest website in digital format, must be in .jpg or .png format, at least 640 pixels wide and image size must be no greater than 10Mb.
- Entries must contain the full name and email address of the person submitting the photo for the content.
- Contestant must submit their answers to three (3) questions about the costume they created.
- All digital submission entries are to be uploaded to the Costumet.com Contest website by following the instructions found on the Costumet.com contest website. Uploads must be completed no later than midnight eastern time on November 20, 2019. Submit Your Costume Photo
All winners will be notified by email and MUST claim their prize no later than 6pm eastern time on November 30, 2019. Contest Sponsors are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the winning contestants. If a selected winning contestant cannot be contacted, or is ineligible, prize(s) may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected at the sole discrtion of the Contest Sponsors.
All winning photos may not contain advertisements or be published elsewhere (including but not limited to other internet websites – other than on the personal website or social media sites of the family and friends of the person submitting the photo and print publications) without the express written consent of Contest Sponsors. Use of winning photos without the express written consent of Contest Sponsors will result in immediate forfeiture of prizes and disqualification from the contest.
Judging will be conducted by the Contest Sponsors with no discrimination based on race, creed, religion or sex. Judging will take place between 11/11/18 and 11/18/18.
All entries will be scored on a scale of 1 to 100 and judged based on the following formula: 50% (50 points max) based on originality and creativity, 25% (25 points maximum) on the execution (creation of the costume) and 25% (25 points maximum) on the answers to the questions the contestant provides. The entries in each category with the highest, second highest and third highest scores will win first, second and third place prizes. Judges’ decisions are final.
Contest Sponsors reserve the right to alter (crop, enlarge etc.) photos to fit into our frames in the event a photo is selected to be posted on our websites. Contest Sponsors are not responsible for photos lost or damaged.
A minimum of five (5) valid entries per category must be submitted for that category to be awarded a first, second or third place winner. In the event less than five valid entries are submited for any given contest category, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to limit the number of winners in that category or cancel the contest for that category entirely. Said decision will be made solely at the discretion of the Contest Sponsor.
By entering this contest and/or accepting any prize in connection herewith, entrant or entrant’s parent or legal guardian releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Sponsors, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and employees of all of the foregoing (collectively, “Releases”) from and against any and all claims, actions, and liability for any injury, losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees), disputes, and/or disability resulting from participation in this contest and/or acceptance of any prize. Releases are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, or illegible, entries or email; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network; or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture any such information. Releases are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the contest. Releases are not responsible for injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this contest or downloading materials from or use of the web site.
Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the contest or website, will be disqualified. Should any portion of the contest be, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Contest Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, company reserve the right at their sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the contest and select winners all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Contest Sponsor. Prizes will be awarded based on full compliance with these official rules.
By submitting an entry to The 2019 Costumet.com Costume Contest, the contestant or the Parent or Legal Guardian of any minors under the age of 18 in the entry photo affirms that he or she is the sole and exclusive owner of all rights (including copyright) of the entry photo, that nothing in the entry photo infringes the rights of any third party and that no rights in the entry photo have been granted to any other company or individual. Contest Sponsor shall be free to use any photos submitted (and the first names that appear in the contest with them) for publicity purposes. The contestant shall indemnify and defend Contest Sponsors, and their respective officers, directors, employees and affiliates from and against any claims alleging that such use of an entry photo infringes the copyright, intellectual property, trademark of any third party. Permitted uses may include, without limitation, the entry photo being used on the Sponsor site, newsletters, advertising.
Contest Sponsors reserve the exclusive right, exercisable at any time, without notice, to amend, add to, delete from, alter or otherwise change these Terms and Conditions. If any provision (s) of these Terms and Conditions is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable under applicable law, then such provision (s) shall be construed, as nearly as possible, to reflect the intentions of the parties with the other provisions remaining in full force and effect
By entering the contest, the contestant/parent/guardian acknowledges they have read and fully understand the rules, terms, and conditions and hereby waive, release, discharge the Contest Sponsors, epresentatives and any employees from any claims resulting from their participation in the costume contest.
This contest is void where prohibited by law. The contestant assumes the total responsibility of knowing if they are subject to any local, state or national laws. Contest Sponsors accept no responsibility for making these individual legal determinations.
Contact us if you have any query.